20 Simple Steps to Daily Happiness
So often, it seems that true, everlasting happiness is unattainable, or at least so beyond reach that we don’t know how to grasp it. People search for happiness in experiences, in people, in things, in places, in careers, in art. However, here at Cape Reserve, we believe in much simpler happiness, one that is so attainable, so in reach, that a change in a daily routine is all one needs to access it. Not totally with us yet? We completely understand! Below, we are listing twenty simple steps that you can do every day to become a happier person. Our goal is that once you have integrated these into your daily life, you will find it easier to maintain a positive, successful attitude!
- Try something new every day. A new activity, a new food, a new place. Complacency never bred happiness.
- Call a friend or a family member. Foster and grow at least one relationship per day.
- Watch a documentary. An open mind is a happy one.
- Take breaks from social media. This tip is one of our favorites. Schedule time in your day to check your profiles. Any other time, find a more productive way to spend your time.
- Cook a new recipe.
- Organize your life. It is easy to feel stressed when a mess of your creation surrounds you. Simply put, clean your house.
- Schedule regular visits to the gym. The effect of exercise on your physical health, mental health, and self-esteem simply cannot be ignored.
- Use your breaks wisely.
- Make fresh coffee. This one is for all of you coffee lovers out there. Not only will this give you energy, but it will leave your home smelling fantastic!
- Spend time outside.
- Start your day with positive affirmations.
- Read a book.
- Listen to a podcast.
- At the end of the day, write down all of the things that you did well.
- Volunteer! Helping others is not only good for your community, but it is also good for your soul.
- Limit your distractions. We suggest putting your cell phone on mute.
- Be intentionally kind to others.
- Make plans. Live in the present, but always plan for the future.
- Accept your level of happiness. Every day will not be easy going and successful. You will run into obstacles, and you will face failure. The key is to pick yourself back up, learn from your mistakes, and tackle the next day with a winning attitude.
Gaining consistent happiness is relatively simple. You need to be intentional with your time and your actions, put others first, stick to a schedule, and understand the value of self-care. Our team here at Cape Reserve knows that some days are rough. However, we also know that tomorrow is a new chance to do better. We hope that these tips help you realize that happiness is only a few changed habits away!